- Boat Tour & Singer Castle Admission Total:
- Adults $43.00 Children (5-12) $25 Infants free!
- Duration 3 1/2 hours and NO PASSPORT NEEDED
- Singer Castle is NOT handicap accessible and requires a lot of stairs and walking.
- Tour stops at Boldt Castle, unless otherwise noted, at the end of the trip. (Boldt Castle tour is optional & admission is not included)
- ** 10% Discount for ACTIVE DUTY military! Use code ONDUTY during checkout!**
***Tours before May 7th and after October 10th CAN NOT stop at Boldt Castle. As it will be closed to the public at that time.***
Indulge in Mystery on a Dark Island Cruise!
Learn about the mysterious history and possible haunting of Singer Castle on this unique cruise to Dark Island.
Singer Castle was built at the turn of the century by Commodore Bourne, president of the Singer Sewing Machine Company, as a hunting lodge. It remained in his family for half a century until it was bought by Reverend Martin in the 60s and established as a religious retreat.
In 2005, the castle was purchased by a group of German investors and was opened to the public, allowing visitors from all over the world to view a castle that had always been shrouded in mystery and, as rumor would have it, haunted.
This trip covers an 11-mile section of the St. Lawrence River not offered in any of our other tours. Our experienced tour guides provide a lively narrative during the downriver trip to the castle and the return trip back to Alexandria Bay, directing your attention to points of interest and sharing historic, environmental, and seaway facts. At the castle, trained guides greet you and provide a one-hour walking tour.
Upon returning upriver to the Alexandria Bay area, your vessel stops at Heart Island, where you have the option to either disembark at Boldt Castle and enjoy a self-guided tour of the castle and its grounds or remain on board and return to Alexandria Bay. Boldt Castle admission is additional.
For more information about Boldt Castle’s history, click here.
For Boldt Castle’s current schedule and admission rates, click here.
Cruise highlights include:
- St. Lawrence Seaway
- Grenadier Island
- Sisters Island Light
- Oak Island
- Singer Castle
- Inglenuk, once owned by the famous artist Frederic Remington
- Various shipwrecks
- Ironsides Island
- Whiskey Island